Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The shower






 
Posted by Picasa

Lindsay's bridal shower was an event befitting her. There were lots of people. There was lots of fuss. And it was a lot of fun.

There were two parts. Part 1: for the older people was the bridal shower held by Lindsay's future mother in law. She went all out, preparing tea sandwiches (which I LOVED -- I'm a total tea sandwich nut). She had games and prizes (I won two, but only got one prize ...). The cake was from the bakery that's doing the wedding cake, and it was really good. It has the whipped cream type of frosting, made with real butter, which I just love.

I had a lot of fun, but then I always have fun when I can crack myself up, which I do regularly -- such as when I dubbed Ryan "The Guz" in high school, to much hilarity, and it turned out to be his real nickname, which was even MORE hilarious. Amber and I were amusing each other and ourselves. I think the rest of the girls were just putting in their time until they could all head out in two limos to L.A. for dinner and drinks.

Alcohol was also available in the limos, so the girls had lots of boozy fun. I'm not sure when I ended up on the old side of the divide between fun and tradition, but I suppose it's a natural progression. I'm just not sure I'm ready. I suppose I must be because the thought of going to L.A. with a bunch of inebriated kids does nothing for me, but giggling about Ryan's nickname is actually a pretty good time.

Courtney enjoyed herself, although being eight months pregnant really doesn't put one in much of a partying mood. Besides it's not every day that an Ohio girl gets to take a limo to Hollywood to celebrate her sister's upcoming nuptuals.

No comments: