Saturday, May 05, 2007

Funnyman

 
Posted by Picasa

Lindsay's bridal shower is this weekend. OK. Sigh, I can handle it. Ryan's mom is hosting, so I don't have to do anything. There will be games, which I abhor, but I'll play along in my usual sarcastic, obnoxious, but ever so clever, way.

We've all been saddened by the news that Courtney can't make it to the wedding. Her OB/GYN moved her due date up a couple of weeks so she will be two weeks from when she's expected to have baby No. 2, poor, leftover, second fiddle Alex. This pretty much precludes her from traveling and we were all bummed. Lindsay and Courtney have been extremely close their whole lives -- maybe it's the little extra genetic closeness they share, maybe it was in reaction to mommy and daddy being apart -- but they love each other dearly. So for Lindsay to get married without Courtney, who was going to be the matron of honor, is a really huge, hairy deal.

Last week Rob came up with the idea of Courtney coming out for the bridal shower. She can still travel, although it will be miserable. This was such a great idea and Courtney and Dave got the time off and here they are. Rob wanted it to be a surprise for Lindsay, but I had to hog telling her the news. I knew Courtney would tell her anyway. Rob's still fuming about that and I'm still gloating.

In anticipation of my grandson's visit, I wanted to make homemade graham crackers. I have this recipe in my cookie recipe book that I've wanted to try out and I want to give my grandson some healthy food while he's out here. He appears to be a milk junkie at the moment and it's a good idea to give him some other things to eat.

There I was last night, kneading the dough and rolling it out. Pricking it all over and baking it. I lovingly trimmed the crackers and put them in a container. When I got up I asked Rob if he'd tried one of my homemade graham crackers. He said,"What's the matter? Didn't they have them at the store?"

"What are you going to make next," he asked. "Saltines."

Ha. Ha. He's been repeating it all day, he's so proud of himself.

P.S. The graham crackers are really good and taste different from the store-bought ones.

No comments: