Friday, January 30, 2009

Hopefully lumpless


So I had my plastic surgery today to -- please, please, please -- finally get rid of the damned stupid lump. First of all this doctor was NOTHING like MacNamara & Troy on Nip/Tuck. But he DID draw on me, just like in the movies and on TV, only he used all different colors ("just like a Christmas tree" he said.

I see him again tomorrow to see if anything is going wrong. I'm also drugged because it's really sore. This should be the last surgery from the truck hitting me. Well, when I eventually have to have my right knee replaced, which seems inevitable, it will have happened earlier than it would have if the truck hadn't hit me, but it's not a direct cause and effect.

Rob and I pretty much have this whole surgery thing down now, after all between the two of us we've had surgeries in the past 18 months. It's a damned good thing we're both so healthy.

Dena was great and took me to and from the hospital. Lindsay couldn't because she had school. She's studying to be a teacher. I wish her the best of luck, although I think she would be well suited to going into politics. I keep bugging her to make a run for city council because she's smart, charismatic and she has a great heart.

My thought for the day (bear in mind it's narcotic fueled, but ask Coleridge, sometimes the best art comes from opiates) In these bleak economic times it is the friendships you have that become even more valuable. There is a sense of comfort in knowing we're all afraid, but if we stick together, we can get through it.

Speaking of hard times, it's time to plant a garden and some more fruit trees.

No comments: