Saturday, September 22, 2007

Stir-crazy

I've been to see the doctor and he was very, very pleased with how well the operation went. He said it was a good a scenario as one could have hoped for, as far as the tear being clean and the tendon being in good shape. But I'm still off the foot for another couple (yes that would be TWO) weeks.

I don't know about anyone else, but being restricted like this is painful. It's really hard to get out and to the car on crutches. I have to go out the back and around the house and crutches are a lot more awkward than they look. Cooking is also limited, although Rob has been great about getting food to make and helping me put it together. We've had roast chicken and pot roast, which is great, low-fat comfort food.

But I'm bored silly. It's pone of those things that feeds on itself; the more you stay still, the less you want to move. Oh well. The surgery appears to have been successful and I should regain full movement in my foot. Yee. Ha.

No comments: