Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fresh flowers





I adore fresh flowers. So I go to the local farmers markets every weekend and buy massive amounts. In Ojai, one guy calls me "the flower lady." (And it's not even my favorite flower guy.) He asked last week if I arranged them I said that I like to put all kinds of arrangements around the house.
I have two huge ones in the living room: One on a pedestal next to the fireplace and one in the urn next to the fireplace. The fireplace is so dramatic, I like to frame it with flowers. I add a smaller arrangement on the top of the TV set. I refuse to let the television be the center of the room, and I like to soften the effect of the huge screen.
I have flowers in my bedroom on the dresser and keep an orchid in the downstairs bathroom. There's also a bouquet in the office/dining room.
I just really love the idea of bunches of flowers everywhere and arranging them allows me a creative outlet each week.
Right now it's the spring season and there are tons of different flowers available. I particularly love the stock, which smells wonderful and is beautiful. The daisies were extra, but they're so cheerful, why not?

No comments: