Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The dustup


Here are the 3-D ultrasounds of my grandson Cody William Koverman. He's a real, live baby -- and these were taken in the beginning of January. Courtney, pictured in the photos below, is hugely pregnant and is anxious about her first baby.
He's due to debut outside the womb in just a few weeks and looks to be a big baby. Courtney was anxious that she get the traveling "system" she needs for the baby (it has a car seat, etc.)
She was going to get it from her Aunt Mary (who's only five years older than she is), but for some reason they're all in some kind of snit with each other -- which is pretty much how our family operates. Snit by snit.
So I was asked, in a panic, to get the travel system, and I said OK. Actually it's so cool to be able to help Courtney out, seeing as her dad and I got nothing from the family when I had her.
So I went to the Babies R Us Web Site to get it for her and what should I find? Under parents were: "Courtney Koverman and DAVID KOVERMAN(sic)" and grandparents were: "Briggs and Jen Gamblin."
How totally hysterical. My ex's wife had changed the registry information and just included my ex and her as grandparents.
I called Courtney and Lindsay (Daughter No. 2) and bitched them out and Lindsay had her boyfriend, Ryan, (also pictured below) fix the entry.

No comments: