Sunday, November 08, 2009

Been away for a while



I've been on a vampire jag lately. I first decide I was interested in reading the Sookie Stackhouse series because I enjoy the HBO series True Blood, even though the acting is wooden and atrocious (Anna Paquin is truly awful). I bought one of the books and they're kind of like literary fast food, tasty, but they leave you a little queasy and hungry at the same time.

I was able to breeze through the eight books in paperback. They read like romance novels, but with vampires, so that's no great feat. Then, because Lindsay had recommended them, I moved on to the Twilight series, which isn't much better written, but is compelling nonetheless.

It's been awhile since I let myself get caught up in reading, which is partly because I don't see as well as I once did, so I get inpatient because my eyes can't keep up with my reading speed, but I found a spot where I could see well and am relatively comfortable.

***

We finally went out a got a replacement oven after the last one burned itself out. FYI Kenmore wall ovens suck. We bought a bare bones model after we realized and all the service repairmen concurred that the self-cleaning feature, which basically gets rid of dirt by burning it off, toasts the electronic components.

This has meant a return to roasted food, including my amazing chicken. Tonight I finally got around to making some cookies. It's been so long since the house smelled like baking.

No comments: