Monday, March 03, 2008

Rob says write it down

I made a really delicious pork tenderloin tonight with a cream sauce. It was so scrumptious that Rob told me to write down the recipe so I can make it again without "getting all fancy." It really did come out well. I've been playing around with flavors and this is one of my better efforts.

Pepita-crusted pork tenderloin with smoky cream sauce
1 cup shelled pepitas -- pumpkin seeds. I used salted and roasted ones. You can use raw for more salt control
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
1 pork tenderloin
5 tablespoons canola oil

Grind pepitas in a food processor until you have a coarse texture. Mix with spices and granulated onion and garlic. Coat the pork tenderloin with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Heat the remaining three tablespoons in a large deep-sided skillet. Cook over medium to medium-low heat, covered. Turn every five minutes until the tenderloin is browned on all sides -- about 20 minutes for medium-well to well done (Rob and I were brought up in the days of eating well-done pork and still have trouble bringing ourselves to eat it less well done).

Smoky cream sauce

1 shallot, chopped
3/4 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika

Clean the skillet of excess oil and roasted pepitas -- you don't have to be too careful, just pour off the excess. Add shallot and cook until starting to become translucent. Add wine and chicken stock and cook over medium high to high heat until reduced by more than half -- the liquid should be getting visibly thicker. Add heavy cream and smoked paprika. Check for flavor and adjust as necessary. Serve with pepita-crusted pork tenderloin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.