Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Weddin

 

 
Posted by Picasa

My daughter, Lindsay, is getting married. This isn't a surprise -- she's been dating Ryan for years. But like with most things like this, I've been trying to avoid it until I absolutely have to deal with it.

The wedding is May 26. I absolutely have to deal with it. So today Lindsay, her friend Shelby and Lindsay's future mother-in-law, all piled in my pet-hair strewn car and went to Burbank to the Ikea store there. I'd been looking online for stuff to make into centerpieces at the wedding. It's going to be outside, so it seems a good bet to go with low centerpieces.

Lindsay wants a colorful wedding and I've arranged for my flower guy to deliver a bunch of flowers a few days ahead so they're open for the wedding. We're just going to assemble a bunch of the best flowers available, avoiding pastels and going for vibrant colors.

I decided to put one together to see how it would work. It's sitting outside now to see how it will work outside. Discovery No. 1; regular tea candles in those little tin dealies work just as well as floating candles. Wooo Woooooo.

It's getting to be kind of fun to wander into the L.A. area. I'd been to Ikea before, but this time we actually ate dinner in a downtown Burbank restaurant. I hadn't spent much time with Dorothy before so that was fun. Lindsay always talks about how sweet and nice she is, with that slight -- or not so slight -- reproving tone she likes to adopt. Despite that, Dorothy is still a lovely lady and we seemed to have the same attitude toward the task at hand, which was to get it done with.

No comments: