Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summer treats


  Posted by Picasa
It was Rob's birthday yesterday. I'd really screwed up his birthday last year by being sick, so this year I wanted to make it up to him. But Rob really dislikes big deals made over him. He wanted a cherry pie, so I made him one. (I need to brush up on my pie baking because the fair's coming up.)

Although we went out for dinner on the Big Day, I made a nice meal the day before because Rob had wanted Italian food. Meatballs are one of the first foods I learned to make. I still love them.

Spaghetti and meatballs

1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
2 eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
About a container and a half of your favorite sauce
1 pound spaghetti prepared as indicated on the package

Mix all ingredients together and form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Brown the meatballs in a skillet on all sides. Heat the sauce over low heat and add meatballs. Simmer on low for at least 30 minutes.
Add sauce and meatballs to drained spaghetti and mix over very low heat for about a minute. Serve with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: